Working on Nutrition

0 comments

May 20, 2009
Sarah


So I went on a long bike ride + swim yesterday and I really wanted to focus on figuring out my nutrition. It has been something that I have struggled with and have started to feel the effects when it is not right. I don’t think yesterday’s nutrition was perfect, and I still have to work on it quite a bit, but I felt better than I have in a while.
I think I am, as what Matt and Marcey call “Glucocentric”, so I wanted to move away from that mind set yesterday. Not focus on my blood sugars as much and focus more on nutrition. This is how it went:

6:00am- 110 (Perfect!, my morning BS tend to run higher)- 2u for tea
7:00- 40g carb breakfast- 4u
8:45- 184- Leave for bike ride
9:15- 188 (hasn’t come down much, normally I would not take in any carbs until this has come down more, but start to sip accelerade)
9:45- 161 (coming down….keep drinking accelerade)
10:45- 151 (before I get in pool for swim, more accelerade)
10:45-11:45- swim, drink accelerade during rest breaks
12:00- 82- after swim, eat 2 shot block and mini promax bar (26g carbs total)
12-1:00- ride home, finish bottle of accelerade
1:15- 132 –finish, 25g carbs right away then 35g lunch within 1 hr


Total carbs throughout the entire session was about 60g, then another 60g after for recovery. I still don’t think this is enough for the amount of time I was exercising but man did I feel so much better than when I have only 20-30g! I have an appointment with Marcey this morning and will hopefully figure out how to tweak this more until I get it perfect!!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Working on Nutrition