Things Certainly are Rolling...

0 comments

February 5, 2009
Kathy


I really appreciated reading Jennifer's Smith's recent blog on 'expectations vs reality.' This week, I've been low on my last two runs and cut my bike training session in half due to a low. Right this moment, I'm icing my ankle now because twisted it after calming down my hyper-active dog from freaking out when passing another dog/runner combo, then stepping on a giant piece of snow/ice chuck randomly on sitting on the ice-covered sidewalk. [big sigh]

I also broke two of my three blood sugar meters, the third was already broke. Somehow, there is a test strip stuck in all three of them that I'm too frustrated to get out. I've been using my trusty mini "sidekick" meter instead. I swear there are some days I have some sort of electromagnetic force field around me that causes me to break almost every piece of electronic equipment I touch. In fact, I'm surprised this computer is still working.

Anyway, this is the reality of training for a triathlon. It's not all pretty and, like Jennifer said, I'm so happy to be part of a team in this WILD adventure.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories