ART

0 comments

March 25, 2009
Jennifer A.

My blog will be short this month. I've been keeping on track with the training activities until this week. During my run last Sunday, I found it difficult to catch my breath. I took some time out of running until a few weeks ago due to my pyriformis syndrome. But, thanks to ART (Active Release) therapy, I've been able to run without as much pain. ART is definitely something people should look into if having pain whether muscular, ligament or myofascial. OK... back to my blog. So, during my run Sunday, I thought... I wasn't out of running that long that I'm so out of breath... but maybe I was more out of running shape than I thought. Then, the next day, I woke up and felt like I had run a marathon or two. My voice was hoarse and my throat was sore. I was getting sick! I am not one to get sick that often. And, like that Walgreen's commercial, I had no time for the flu.

Ignoring my illness, I managed to do my usually weights on Tuesday. Then, woke up Wendesday to swim. Did biking on Wednesday night. Then, Thursday, I was way worse. I had a fever and aches. I went home from work for the first time ever. My blood sugars all week have been running high too. It's been horrible. I rested Thursday but decided I was stronger than this and woke up Friday to swim. Alas, my body was yelling at me and I gave in. Have rested for the rest of the weekend. It's sad... because this is the first day in a long time that the sun has decided to shine in Chicago and would have been a great day for a run.

I will be listening in on our conference call tonight... but won't be able to say much as I still have my sexy sick voice and am hoarse. On a lighter note, my blood sugars are finally in the normal range without being in 110-120% of my normal basals.


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ ART