Another Success....

0 comments

April 21, 2009
Karen R.


Not even close to what Katie wrote about but probably just as important. Yoli's probably tired of seeing me write in my training log that I need to put my slicks on my mountain bike so I'm very happy to say mission finally accomplished! And because I had to do my front tire twice, (payback for putting in a patched tube) I'm really, really good at it now.

My local tri group had a man come in from Genuine Innovations (the company that makes gadgets to inflate tires with CO2 cartridges) to demonstrate how to use their products. He shared a story about a highly ranked woman triathlete competing in Kona who encountered a flat. Apparently she went through two cartridges, couldn't inflate the tube, and then was out of air. Another athlete rode by, threw her another cartridge, and on the third attempt was able to inflate the tube. After the race she admitted she had no experience using the cartridge system. Moral of the story is that the first time you use something, it's not in a race when it really counts. Sounds a lot like the recent discussions about fueling the body.

Happy swimming, biking and running everyone.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Another Success....