ROAD TRIP!

0 comments

December 15, 2008
Kathleen


Well, late again on my blog. I was house and dog sitting all week and the 14th (the day of my blog AND the team call) was my last day in the dog house. Spent the morning cleaning up, early afternoon on a final hike with Shadow and then an hour to the airport in pouring rain to pick up Shadow’s parents. I know I shouldn't complain....I live in California and I'm still exercising outside. Don't hate me!

Anyway, I slept like a rock last night in my own bed but I so missed the morning wake up calls from the cutest dog in the world. She provided great motivation to get out everyday and be really active.

All last week my off season workouts shifted from yoga to daily hikes with Shadow. I explored new trails and found many new muscles that apparently do not get used during running, cycling or swimming. Owww! Ladies (and gentleman), call off the search, the long lost muscles that lie deep in my gluteus maximus, minimus and Nimbus 2000 have finally been found and were not happy for several days.

My friend’s made fun of me and gave me no sympathy. “I thought you were a tri athlete…blah blah blah.” I proclaimed with my hand on my hip, my head cocked to one side and my finger waving just so in all of their faces, “I AM a tri athlete and you people just wait and see me and my fellow WILD Women in Texas.” I challenged them to join us in Texas to cheer us on. Anyone within ear shot would have thought we were a pack of college kids “Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip!!!!” We celebrated with champagne instead of Coors Light, crystal flutes over funnels, hummus and veggies over chips and dip.

I’m excited that we have a date on the calendar for our race. I’ve got a ton of personal and work commitments coming up these next few months (who doesn’t!?) and having the race day set is helping me to NOT over commit myself next year. My training is the priority (don't tell my boss) and now that my friends have this date on their calendars too, they will help support me in not taking on too much. I’m that person who should be committed for over committing myself. Maybe this year I will actually accomplish one of my New Year’s resolutions. Say NO!

Happy Holidays WILD Women!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ ROAD TRIP!