My First Clips!

0 comments

May 23, 2009
Edy


Hey Team WILD- how fun to blog with ya'll!
OK- so I've been going to several spinning classes the last few weeks, then riding outside each weekend. The Tour de Cure is May 30 from San Antonio to Austin with a stop in San Marcos.

Last weekend I took my bike to the shop and with Nicole's suggestions-had them make a few changes-thank you Nicole! And I had them put my clips on. (nightmares included about falling and breaking something-no joke!) I rode around my (hilly) subdivision a bit one night and today I decided to go on the training ride. Success!- I rode 44 miles in 3 hours and did not fall!!!!

(photo isn't really Edy's feet...just a little creative license!)

BS did alright-not perfect! Woke with a 86. Decreased my basal to 70%, ate 20 gm carb and headed to the start-40 min drive southward. Pre-race had a 236! yicks- took no bolus-just drank water. At mile 27 had a 203, drank water and ate 1 shot block(8 gm). Arrived back at the car (without falling!) with a 92.

Guess my only issue is terrible burning in mostly my right hand. Used to have that with lows- now it's fairly constant no matter the BS. I try not to put too much pressure on the wrists, change positions, rub hands on shorts etc but maybe ya'll or Matt can make some suggestions with that.
Happy trails!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ My First Clips!