Going Partially Dry

0 comments

December 5, 2008
Wendy


I like wine. Ok that is an understatement. I really like wine. Particularly a pinot noir or a chardonnay. And I adore champagne. But I also know that I have not had my best athletic performance after a night of being over-served (polite Canadian for "drunk"). And I also know that this is not a coincidence.

December is a tough month for me to dry out. My birthday also falls into the midst of the holiday season. Since developing erratic and abnormal blood sugar, I have removed birthday cake and desserts in general from my brand. However, wine remains on my brand and my generous friends and family often provide me with many gifts in wine gift bags.

So I have come up with a drinking strategy for the holidays. I am going to try to limit my intake to weekends only- except for Xmas Eve and Day at my parents in Winnipeg- (generally anything involving family events should get a "pass" in my books.) And of course to ensure that I do not get over-served
So far pretty good, despite having to attend a number of events and receptions in the past two weeks. I have been dry for 4 days in a row, both weeks. In Canada it appears that the weekend is still beginning on Thursdays but I am working on it. BTW, I am already thinking about a champagne finish in Longhorn.
Happy holidays everyone!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Going Partially Dry