Holiday Weekend

0 comments

July 8, 2008
Nancy

The holiday weekend was started by a long drive to northern Michigan to "work" a clients wedding. She is a long time client of mine who has really become a friend. When she asked me to do all the bridesmaids hair, as well as the Moms, I was a bit hesitant. It was A LOT of people to get done in a short period of time.,,,like 8. And not to sound selfish, it was going to interrupt my training!! A whole weekend??!! I had a race I wanted to do that weekend, but decided to help a bride out...especially when getting paid to do it:)
I got up very early so I could load the car and start the drive. 4.5 hours later I arrive at the super elegant resort. One thing about northern Michigan...absolutely gorgeous!! OF COURSE I brought my bike!! The roads are very cycling friendly with very big shoulders. About 10AM, I headed out on my bike. I plotted a course that would be easy not to get lost on. It can get very confusing up there...so many lakes and turns. Another aspect of up north...hills! Lots and lots of climbing. My wimpy legs aren't use to that. Long slow climbs, and speedy downhills. After about 30 min. I went to test my blood sugar with a meter that wasn't there! Crap! I left it in the car. How could I not remember that? I had plenty of carbs with me, but really needed to test. I started the ride at 280, so I'm sure I haven't dropped that much yet. Exercise can really mask those lows, and I got paranoid, so headed back.

I stopped a few times on my way back to take some photos of the great views of Lake Michigan, and arrived at the resort after an hour of riding. The meter read 95...perfect. I was on my way out to ride some more, but the woman at the front desk said that my room was ready early...which was great because I wanted to get all the junk out of my car. Especially the good ol' computer. Then wedding calls started to happen..timeline questions, rehearsal dinner stuff, etc....so that was the end of the ride. It was beautiful, mind clearing, and the legs weren't as bad as I thought! Oh, and the rest of the weekend super fun!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Holiday Weekend