The Journey

0 comments

October 15, 2009
Jennifer A.


During our team call on Sunday, Yoli mentioned how tapering is important as it’s not necessarily what we do now to prepare us for the race next weekend, it’s about the journey we’ve taken to get there. The journey… I thought about that statement and wondered what the journey has entailed. So, I looked through my work-out log… had time to kill since we are tapering. Although we signed up for this journey about a year ago, I didn’t start logging my work-outs until February. The earlier work-outs seem simple compared to what we have done in the past few weeks with our rehearsal, the sprint and Olympic distance triathlons, and ½ marathons.

Below are the approximate miles and hours of work I tallied up since February:


When I signed up, I made the statement, “I know I can do the run, I think I can do the bike, I don’t know about the swim.” Looking at the hours spent on my training, I spent the most hours on the 2 sports I now do the best, biking and swimming. Yes, I said it… swimming. I know I did much more swimming that I should or was in Yoli’s plan. But, I actually found swimming relaxing and a good stress reliever. Who would have thought that I would like swimming so much? I have also come to realize why I now struggle with running. I’ve spent fewer hours on that sport than I should have, whether due to injury or pure dislike. But, I feel I am prepared and up for the race. So today, I say, “I will bike fast, will swim hard, and will finish the run!”

Good luck to all my teammates! Go Team WILD! I can’t wait to see you in Austin!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ The Journey