Hello Everyone!

0 comments

October 4, 2009
Susan Y.


Hi everyone, being new to the team, as a Type 3 Supporter, I'm happy to be able to participate on one of the relay teams. I"m looking forward to Austin in a few weeks, meeting new people, learning what additional preparation is required for those with diabetes. It's bad enough you have to pack your tri gear, bike, wetsuit, shoes, helmet, etc. as part of the normal ritual.

I attended my first TeamWILD conference call last week. The nutritionist and endocrinologist were so supportive and encouraging. Then people started talking about basal-this and bolus-that - what the heck were they talking about? Obviously, it was related to their diabetes so I figured everyone else knew except me. I didn't want to waste precious conference call time so I listened. The next evening, I called Mari to get educated. She explained it in non-technical terms, like she was speaking to one of her students - it was great - and we discussed insulin levels and how exercise affects it. I forget easily so I'm sure I'll need a refresher.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone soon. It will be a fun time and a learning experience for all of us.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Hello Everyone!