It's Lunch Time!

0 comments

August 14, 2009
Sandria


Time for my afternoon run! I want to train around the time I will stat the run during the race and account for the HEAT! I lock my office door and change in to my ever-so-sexy spandex shorts and exercise top then I sneak out of my office, around the corner and slip out the side door. No need for any co-workers to get a look-see at my bootay in spandex. It’s HOT out here. 92 today. Yozer. This will be good for me, I decide.

Booting up the iPod, I select a play list called “Interesting Stuff” and MIA comes on with Paper Planes. I pick up my walking pace and look down the road where I will spend then next 60 minutes in hot pursuit of my goal. Next song…Jimmy Eat World – Let it Happen…and I’m off. Foot in front of foot, my run has begun. It’s HOT out here!

It’s interesting what happens when I settle in for that run or bike or swim. Once I’m at a pace I can maintain, it’s like a meditation and I start to think. It’s just me, my running shoes, the road and my thoughts. The more I run, the more at peace I become…just letting my endorphins carry me onward. Today I’m thinking about a thought I started on Sunday during a 60 mile bike ride with Mari – that women bring such grace and elegance to triathlon. And though it’s an individual sport, we are all there to cheer each athlete on in her journey to the finish line. “GO WILD” I think to my self, and I am reminded about how amazed I am by the women of this team. I, a type 3, am in such reverence to the women of wild and your fierce determination to succeed though the hills, the pools, the trails…and of course the highs and the lows.

Turn around point – I pick up my pace. Techno should motivate me so I put on a little Tiesto, one of my favorite DJ’s. I’ve been running at lunch time for the past two weeks, and I love it. I see some of the same people out on their runs as well. And here comes my new buddy. He’s seems to be about 50 and kind of runs with a limp. He salutes me and yells out a friendly reminder “don’t forget to go back to work!” HA! How did he know that I would rather run and run and run all afternoon instead of working? ☺

I’m back now and sweating. I dash off to clean my self up and change back in to “office attire”. One run down…more to go. October 25th is right around the corner, and I’m excited!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ It's Lunch Time!