Getting close…

0 comments

July 23, 2009
Sarah W.


About once a week I see the facebook updates that a lot of the WILD women have on their page, counting down the days until the big race! We are now officially under 100 days and I think for a lot of it the reality is kicking in that we are actually doing this!

Our coaches want us to start looking at times, making sure we will meet the 8-hour cut-off and by next week the intense training begins! I know for me, and a lot of girls on the team, our goal is to meet this cut-off and finish the race (hopefully with good blood sugars while we do it!)

But as we get into this last phase of training and the race inches closer and closer I read a quote the other day that I have been repeating to myself when I am on a long run and going so slow that wonder how I am ever going to finish 13.1 miles. And I think this quote speaks for all of us. “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start”.

No matter what happens in October, whether we finish, don’t finish, finish with a great time, don’t meat the cut-off, drop too low, or finish with high blood sugars what I have been realizing lately is that none of this matters. What matters is that we committed to doing this and have worked our a**es off to reach our goals and inspire others along the way. The mere fact that we are attempting to complete this race while dealing with diabetes at the same time is a miracle in itself!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Getting close…